Friday, February 11, 2011

Apparently I am notorious

http://ronaldofarabia.blogspot.com/2009/03/five-months-soccer-fields-and-powepoint.html

So tonight I had dinner with my Squadron Commander and the Commander of the US Brigade we are going to work with/for (exact relationship TBD). His unit is responsible for about 400 square kilometers, and it includes the area I was in last time. He is partnered with the same unit I worked with about 14 months ago.

In passing, he mentioned he had a conversation with Staff Major General Ali, and the incident referenced above (the IED on the soccer field) came up... I told him that was us.

"Does he know your face?" Asked the US Brigade Commander.

"I think so, he might remember me," I said.

"He remembers the incident! Do not go down there! He's still pissed about that night!"


Heh heh.

1 comment:

JJ said...

Ron,

I have your blog as a favorite accross my toolbar and am looking forward to the next post. Glad you are there safe and seem to be getting settled somewhat....even though you are still wondering what you are doing there. ;-)

Know that we are all praying for you and hoping for a safe return sooner rather than later.

Ironically one of my guys in our Houston office worked for KBR in the resort you speak of as director of engineering. It is a small world indeed.

Keep writing,
JJR