Monday, March 30, 2009

Camera Review: Olympus Stylus 1050SW

So I broke my camera in January (Sony something or other). I liked the Sony. It was simple and it took some good pics. It just couldn't hang and it broke.

I read the reviews, and by all accounts, the Olympus 1050 was supposedly bombproof. It was shockproof, waterproof and it was just supposed to be a good camera.

It was for about two months. Today it rendered itself incapacitated. Not sure why or how, it won't turn on, and I'm a little pissed. It is now dubbed "hoopty camera" and I will troubleshoot it tomorrow. If I can't fix it, I am thinking of shooting it and mailing it back to Olympus.

If you are considering a point and shoot camera, I'd consider something else.

Maybe I'll check the warranty first. Maybe.

Oh well. Hope you are well-- take care.
Ron

No comments: